To honor the legacy of Bill Gates Sr. and address the most pressing reproductive health challenges of today, Gates Institute has synthesized our strategic priorities to form five interconnected Global Programs—Research, Measurement, and Data Monitoring; Policy, Advocacy, and Community-building; Best Practices Scale Up; Next Generation Leaders; and Demographic Futures, Population, and Environment—alongside our cross-cutting Gender Equity work.
W. H. Gates Institute News
Subscribe to Positive Disruptions below for the latest from the Institute
Bloomberg School Honors William H. Gates Sr. with New Name for Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health
The Institute’s new name honors the late William H. Gates Sr. (1925-2020) and his inspirational role in philanthropy and lifelong contributions to improving global health and health equity.
Local Governments are Key to Financing a Sustainable Urban Future for All: TCI’s Approach to Mobilizing Local Resources for Family Planning The Challenge Initiative (TCI) and the International Conference on Family Planning (ICFP) held this conversation on...
Explore all the events, resources, and videos from Gates Institute celebrating World Contraception Day 2023!
In a recent article, The Independent Nigeria highlighted how the latest International Conference on Family Planning (ICFP) hosted in Pattaya City, Thailand in November 2022 provided a platform for important, country-specific conversations aimed at fostering healthy...
How a Vast Demographic Shift Will Reshape the World: Gates Institute Demographic Dividend Initiative Member Quoted
The Demographic Dividend Initiative in The New York Times Carolina Cardona, Ph.D., M.H.S., a key member of the Demographic Dividend Initiative team at the Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health, was recently featured in an article...
At the 2023 Women Deliver Youth Zone this past July 18, over 40 youth-led organizations unveiled the Global Roadmap for Action (GRA) , a youth-driven initiative which seeks to transform the landscape of adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health. Young people’s needs and aspirations are at the forefront of this growing, youth-driven coalition.
Demographic Dividend Luminaries Series The Shape of Things to Come: Using Economic Demography to Understand the Future Tuesday, 11 July 202311 am EDTFeaturing Ronald D. Lee, Ph.D. The Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health,...
- Championing Equity and Inclusivity: Goodness Odey’s Inspiring Journey as an ICFP2022 Youth Trailblazeron October 17, 2023
- Notice About Fraudulent ICFP Websiteson August 1, 2023
- The ICFP2022 Recap Report is out nowon April 20, 2023
- Dedicated Medical Officer in Gaya, India, Transforms Community’s Healthcare Access with TCI Supporton February 22, 2024
- One Advocate’s Journey to Amplify Voices Through an Interfaith Initiative in Nasarawa State, Nigeriaon February 21, 2024
- After TCI Workshop, Lady Health Worker is Energized to Transform Even More Lives in Hyderabad, Pakistan, Slumson February 20, 2024
- Advance Family Planning Partners Meeting 2022on September 16, 2022
- The Central African Republic for the first time allocates domestic resources for family planningon June 24, 2022
- New Power of Advocacy Report Charts the Impact of AFPon April 25, 2022
- PMA Ethiopia Second Cohort Six-Week Postpartum Maternal and Newborn Health Technical Report, 2021-2023 Cohorton February 20, 2024
- PMA Ethiopia Cohort Two Baseline Maternal and Newborn Health Technical Report, 2021on February 5, 2024
- Achieving reductions in the unmet need for contraception with postpartum family planning counselling in Ethiopia, 2019–2020: a national longitudinal studyon November 28, 2023